Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fruit Pizza


So I found this recipe in a familyfun. magazine, so I  tried it. And it was SO YUMMY!!!

Its a sugar cookie crust with a orange cream cheese spread and fruit on top!


     Crust:

  • 1 pound (or more) homemade or store bought sugar cookie dough
  • 1 tbsp. melted butter
  • 2 tbsp. sugar 

     Frosting:

  • 8 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  •  1 tsp. orange zest
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla

      Topping:

  • fruit and toppings of choice (I used strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi.)
Heat oven to 400.

Spread dough on an ungreased 15-inch pizza pan. Brush on butter and sprinkle two tbsp. sugar over dough. Bake crust 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

In a medium-size bowl, combine frosting ingredients with a rubber spatula. stir until smooth.

Spread the frosting over cooled crust. Gently press in fruit. Serve and enjoy!

P.S. I'm not sure how much this makes, but as far as I know it works for my family!



B.B.
Ballerina Bon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're making me hungry and it's fast Sunday 2marrow!! I'm sooo trying this out!!! thx 4 the idea!!(:

Unknown said...

You're making me hungry + it's Fast Sunday 2marrow!!! But I still ♥ u. ;) Anyways, I'm soooo trying this out!!!!!! thx 4 the idea!(:

Bonny Keppner said...

You know you can also use sugar cookies and make mini fruit pizzas!

Unknown said...

true...just normal cookies...You're a genius! take a bow!!!(; I'm gonna try the big one first, and depending on how much dough i have do the little ones(:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.