Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Pointe shoes"



As long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a ballerina dancing on my toes! 

See why I love ballet?


I have always admired how ballerina's dance on there beautifully pointed toes!
 When I was little I didn't know they had special toe shoes for support, I thought they just danced on there toes with normal ballet slippers. 

It wasn't until latter that I found out that ballerina's had special toe shoes for support, sense then I have researched  "Pointe shoes" and here is what I've found.


"Pointe shoes, sometimes called toe shoes, are a special kind of ballet shoe used by advanced dancers for pointework.
 "Pointe shoes" were developed  from the desire of ballerinas to appear weightless.
 The shoes allow a dancer to literally dance on the tips of the toes.


Yeah I know I already posted this but still.


Parts of a "Pointe shoe"


And one of the things I found is that you have to be a certain age and level in ballet to wear "Pointe shoes."
Sure you get sore feet and occasional blisters but I think my work, practice, and pain will all pay off in the end.                                                                                                                                                   
 And my ballet teacher told me that in the next year or so I will will be able to to start wearing and practicing in "Pointe shoes," as you can imagine I'm pretty exited! 

I don't know about you but I think "Pointe shoes" are the most beautiful shoes in the world! (just saying)